Youth Prevention Indicated (YPI) InternshipThe Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse
Patient Services InternLupus Foundation of America
2017 Summer InternshipCabot Microelectronics
English Senior, Looking for a Team to Help Build a Tecnical WebsiteManIntheMiddle
HIV Case ManagerMy Sister's Keeper of the Triangle, Inc.
data entryKloes Healthcare Copereation
Health Educator Assistant for Diabetes Prevention Program Director for 2017Skinny Gene Project
Community Organizer & Coalition Manager - UNPAIDCleveland Department of Public Health - Prevention Services
Child Injury Prevention Program InternBookmark This
Safe Kids Worldwide
1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 1000
Posted: January 22 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Child Injury Prevention Intern
The U.S. and Global Programs team at Safe Kids Worldwide is looking for a dependable intern for our Programs Department. The intern will assist in program development and management, particularly as it pertains to public health and childhood injury prevention.
The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with public health or social science, and has a strong interest in child safety and child health initiatives. They must be interested in working with a team to develop and support the mission of Safe Kids Worldwide and its Programs Department. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.
The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional program management and public health experience. The internship is unpaid. Credit is available upon request. We are looking for a 20 or more hours per week commitment.
Take a look at our intern video: http://bit.ly/1CjPsz3
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume through internships.com. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email, if their qualifications are a match for this position.
Responsibilities• Support Safe Kids Worldwide’s domestic and global programs in the areas of Road Safety, Home Safety and
School & Play
• Provide administrative support to Programs staff
• Help support educational and event-based program components
• Assist in maintenance of existing programs and awareness campaigns
• Assist with the development and editing of program materials and reports
• Support projects specific to the restructuring of the coalition network, as needed
• Contribute both individually and as a team in meetings and brainstorming sessions
Requirements• Be currently enrolled in a program or have a degree in public health or the social sciences
• Detail oriented
• Possess strong time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess excellent writing skills
• Self-motivated and have a desire to do high quality level of work with frequent deliverables
• Demonstrate an ability to think creatively, independently, and problem-solve to meet long-range and
• Have a proven ability to prioritize and complete required tasks without direct daily oversight