Sexuality EducatorThe Masakhane Center
Public Health / Social Science Internship (Bilingual)Houston Ryan White Planning Council Support Office
Wellness InternSeminole County BCC
Food FundFood Fund
Public Health Analyst for mental health startup (non-profit)Affect Mental Healthcare
Whole Vision LLC Outreach AssociatePTL Development Corp.
Coalition Intern-ALOUDThe Council On Alcohol & Drug Abuse
Coalition Intern-DADPPThe Council On Alcohol & Drug Abuse
Health InternBookmark This
United Way of Miami-Dade
3250 SW 3rd Ave
Posted: August 10 2016
DescriptionUnited Way of Miami Dade (UWMD) is seeking a Health Intern to assist in the research, development, and implementation of projects related to the priorities of the Health Impact area. The focus of the internship is the priority area of Access to Care.
Central focus of the work is Access to Care. Duties will include:
Research on Miami-Dade health indicators, uninsured rates, utilization rates and pharmaceutical data
Equation and outreach to community partners including nonprofit organization, businesses, and academic institutions, and more.
Attendance at events to promote United Way of Miami Dade Health initiatives including but not limited to health fairs, committees, conferences, etc.
Development of reports for Familywize utilization rates, progress towards milestones, etc.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, the Health Intern will:
• Perform research on relevant topics, develop relevant materials, and assist in implementation as applicable
• Coordinate efforts related to health projects and activities
• Participate in the development of marketing and promotional strategies
• Attend Health Impact Council meetings as assigned
• Attend related Health Impact events as needed, such as health fairs, summits, or conferences
• Participate in related meetings, webinars, conference calls, etc.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
Requirements• Near completion of undergraduate or graduate degree, preferably in public health or closely related field of study
• Working knowledge and application of research/evaluation methods, theory-based practice, program planning, group dynamics, and collaborative team work
• Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills