Mission InternSusan G. Komen Chicagoland Affiliate
Intern - Disaster Readiness- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern - Home Fire Campaign Fieldwork, American Red Cross. New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern - Disaster Response, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Day Habilitation - Employment SpecialistWe Can Too
Program DeveloperWe Can Too
Resource Technician - TrainerWe Can Too
Case ManagerWe Can Too
Health InternBookmark This
United Way of Miami-Dade
3250 SW 3rd Ave
Posted: August 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnited Way of Miami Dade (UWMD) is seeking a Health Intern to assist in the research, development, and implementation of projects related to the priorities of the Health Impact area. The focus of the internship is the priority area of Access to Care.
Central focus of the work is Access to Care. Duties will include:
Research on Miami-Dade health indicators, uninsured rates, utilization rates and pharmaceutical data
Equation and outreach to community partners including nonprofit organization, businesses, and academic institutions, and more.
Attendance at events to promote United Way of Miami Dade Health initiatives including but not limited to health fairs, committees, conferences, etc.
Development of reports for Familywize utilization rates, progress towards milestones, etc.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, the Health Intern will:
• Perform research on relevant topics, develop relevant materials, and assist in implementation as applicable
• Coordinate efforts related to health projects and activities
• Participate in the development of marketing and promotional strategies
• Attend Health Impact Council meetings as assigned
• Attend related Health Impact events as needed, such as health fairs, summits, or conferences
• Participate in related meetings, webinars, conference calls, etc.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
Requirements• Near completion of undergraduate or graduate degree, preferably in public health or closely related field of study
• Working knowledge and application of research/evaluation methods, theory-based practice, program planning, group dynamics, and collaborative team work
• Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills