Help Build a More Conscious WorldCloud Counseling
Youth Prevention Indicated (YPI) InternshipThe Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse
Patient Services InternLupus Foundation of America
2017 Summer InternshipCabot Microelectronics
English Senior, Looking for a Team to Help Build a Tecnical WebsiteManIntheMiddle
HIV Case ManagerMy Sister's Keeper of the Triangle, Inc.
data entryKloes Healthcare Copereation
Health Educator Assistant for Diabetes Prevention Program Director for 2017Skinny Gene Project
Public Benefits Assistanship InternBookmark This
Catholic Charities of Atlanta
3669 North Peachtree Road Suite 100
Posted: September 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionCatholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness. Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background or faith. We offer social services such as counseling (housing and mental health), immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, aid for veterans, public benefits assistance, ESL/Civics and Citizenship classes, and much more. We are looking for a candidate that is willing to help provide these resources at outreach events, workshops, and one-on-one appointments during the fall of 2015.
Responsibilities1. Attend 3 to 4 hours of volunteer training.
2. Responsible for distributing information to clients seeking assistance SNAP benefits and/or Medicaid.
3. Facilitate outreach events, create and present presentations focusing on Affordable Care Act (Coverage Counts), SNAP, and Medicaid benefits.
4. Travel to different partner sites within the Metro-Atlanta area to assist clients with the application process for public benefits and conduct follow-ups. Provide resourceful information about the Healthcare Marketplace.
5. Must be willing to attend outreach and volunteer recruitment events
Requirements• Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English.
• Must be a Junior or Senior in undergrad or Graduate Student.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be willing to commit to one semester.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
• Skilled in verbal and written communication.
• Able to interact over the phone and in person with a wide variety of clients.
• An appreciation for different cultures and willingness to work with people of different cultures needed.