Sexuality EducatorThe Masakhane Center
Writers/Social MediaHarvest Home Farmers Market
Grant writer for NGO eye clinic in HaitiAccess Health Systems
Clinical CoordinatorNew Leaf Behavioral Health
Health InternUnited Way of Miami-Dade
Program AideGoodwill Industries of Northeastern PA
Community Outreach InternAlzheimer's Association
Service to Armed Forces InternAmerican Red Cross
Public Benefits Assistanship InternBookmark This
Catholic Charities of Atlanta
3669 North Peachtree Road Suite 100
Posted: September 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCatholic Charities Atlanta is an advocate and friend for individuals and families facing adversity. We provide a holistic combination of accredited social services that remove barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness. Our services are tailored for the unique circumstances of the people we serve, and our impact is real and measurable. We are faith-based and serve our neighbors professionally, compassionately, in multiple languages and regardless of background or faith. We offer social services such as counseling (housing and mental health), immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, aid for veterans, public benefits assistance, ESL/Civics and Citizenship classes, and much more. We are looking for a candidate that is willing to help provide these resources at outreach events, workshops, and one-on-one appointments during the fall of 2015.
Responsibilities1. Attend 3 to 4 hours of volunteer training.
2. Responsible for distributing information to clients seeking assistance SNAP benefits and/or Medicaid.
3. Facilitate outreach events, create and present presentations focusing on Affordable Care Act (Coverage Counts), SNAP, and Medicaid benefits.
4. Travel to different partner sites within the Metro-Atlanta area to assist clients with the application process for public benefits and conduct follow-ups. Provide resourceful information about the Healthcare Marketplace.
5. Must be willing to attend outreach and volunteer recruitment events
Requirements• Must be bilingual, fluent in Spanish and English.
• Must be a Junior or Senior in undergrad or Graduate Student.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be willing to commit to one semester.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
• Skilled in verbal and written communication.
• Able to interact over the phone and in person with a wide variety of clients.
• An appreciation for different cultures and willingness to work with people of different cultures needed.