PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNNOVA CHEMICALS
Sexuality EducatorThe Masakhane Center
Public Health / Social Science Internship (Bilingual)Houston Ryan White Planning Council Support Office
Wellness InternSeminole County BCC
Public Health Analyst for mental health startup (non-profit)Affect Mental Healthcare
Whole Vision LLC Outreach AssociatePTL Development Corp.
WATER ENGINEERING INTERNSHIPGlobal Medicare Foundation
WATER, SANITATION AND HYGIENE INTERNSHIPGlobal Medicare Foundation
Residential CounselorBookmark This
2624 Lord Baltimore Dr. Suite L
Windsor Mill, MD
Posted: May 19 2016
DescriptionNew Beginnings, Inc. is committed to providing a caring and quality service to people with developmental disabilities based on the uniqueness of each individual, with services tailored to meet their needs, while empowering them and encouraging them in making choices to participate as they choose in all aspects of life.
The philosophy of New Beginnings Inc. in providing services to those in need is the basic understanding that all people, regardless of circumstances, inherent worth and the right to be treated with dignity and respect. New Beginnings believes that people with developmental disabilities should be encouraged to exercise and enjoy the rights guaranteed to them as citizens.New Beginnings Inc. stresses community integration and utilizes individually designed services to help people with disabilities live independently and as part of their community. CSLA provides services to assist an individual in non-vocational activities necessary to enable that individual to live in the individual’s own home, apartment, family home, or rental unit. These individuals are able to make their own choice towards their growth and independence. An individual in the CSLA program selects his/her home, roommate, CSC staff, supports, and makes decisions that affect his/her lifestyle. They receive more traditional supports from the community to maintain a lifestyle that is totally determined either by the individual or his/her family.
We assist our individuals with money management, home management, nutrition and meal preparation, obtaining resources in the community, taking consumers to medical appointments, getting involved in leisure activities, as well as all aspects of living on their own. All of our current CLSA consumers live in their own apartments, and with our support, are able to live independently in the community.
WIndsor MIll , Maryland
Summary of Position
New Beginnings Inc. is seeking an energetic individual to wear dual hats in supporting our consumers. This individual will assist adults with various developmental disabilities in daily routines, activities, appointments, and overall supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Be aware and respond appropriately to individuals emotional, physical, social, educational, and spiritual needs.
2. Sit with individuals and provide assistance during meals.
3. Adhere to the principle of normalization (i.e. respect, privacy, and confidentiality).
Plan, coordinate, and implement appropriate recreational activities based upon individuals’ preferences and providing adequate and appropriate supervision.
4. Ensure that all community outings are pre-approved by supervisor and the supervisor is kept informed of any changes prior to taking individuals on outings.
ResponsibilitiesPROGRAMMING / IP
1. Attend assigned IP Meetings.
2. Provide input/information for IP Meeting process (i.e. assessment, goals, and recommendations).
3. Implement and record data for behavior management programs/guidelines.
4. Implement and record data for IP goals.
5. Assist and train in daily living skills, ensuring privacy is respected, and incorporating individuals’ abilities.
6. Complete 30 day Reviews, and Worksheets for individuals as assigned.
7. Complete, or assist individuals with daily laundry & mending, ironing, and cooking preparation as needed
1. Provide necessary care of individuals who are sick.
2. Carry out medical procedures as directed by nurse or appropriate supervisor.
3. Advocate for individuals when accompanying to medical appointments.
4. Follow appropriate medical appointment procedures (i.e. ensure completion of all forms, follow-up appointments made, etc.).
5. Administer all medications and medical treatments as prescribed.
6. Document all medications and medical treatments as prescribed.
7. Communicate all medical concerns in a timely manner to appropriate person.
8. Ensure all medications and medical supplies are picked up from nurse's office as needed.
1. Transport individuals to doctors’ appointments, activities, etc., as required.
2. Monitor individual's behavior during transit, responding appropriately.
3. Willingly flex work schedule to meet transporting needs.
4. Complete vehicle/driving training provided by agency and consistently demonstrate proper driving techniques.
1. Communicate concerns in appropriate manner.
2. Report for shift on time.
3. Follow appropriate call-off procedures.
4. Show respect for agency/individuals property.
5. Accept constructive criticism and implement suggestions for improvement,
6. Demonstrate initiative and teamwork.
7. Maintain self in professional manner during challenging situations.
UPKEEP OF HOUSEHOLD
1. Complete general housekeeping and ensure upkeep of the home.
2. Report maintenance concerns and complete maintenance request.
3. Participates in menu planning/ shopping as assigned.
4. Provide for care and upkeep of vehicle.
5. When purchasing ensure that all receipts are obtained and submitted immediately upon return. (Use tax exempt card for purchases
ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
1. Maintain positive relationships with all contacts (including individuals, staff, family, instructors, service coordinators, day program personnel van/bus drivers and volunteers).
2. Process required paper work accurately and efficiently.
3. Complete Incident Reports and ensure notification to supervisor in a timely manner.
4. Read communication book log entries at beginning of shift and complete communication log entry at the end of each shift.
5. Make suggestions for improvement.
6. Document bed checks hourly (or other prescribed increments) as required.
RequirementsClean criminal history
Good driving record
•Strong organizational/time management and communication skills
•Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
•Proficient in Microsoft Software
•Ability to type at least 40 WPM