Research and Business DevelopmentOstraa
Family and Community Partnership Intern (Summer 2015)The Centers for Families and Children
Legislative/Public Policy Intern - Summer 2015League of Women Voters Minnesota
NGA Scholar, Homeland Security and Public SafetyNational Governors Association
NGA Scholar, Environment, Energy and Transportation DivisionNational Governors Association
Health Policy InternBookmark This
818 Connecticut Ave NW
DescriptionThe eHealth Initiative (www.eHealthInitiative.org), an independent non-profit organization whose mission is to drive improvements in the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare through information and information technology, seeks highly motivated individuals interested in interning part-time or full-time throughout the year.
This internship position is an opportunity for growth and learning that requires a highly motivated individual with strong research, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills who is eager to learn and contribute as part of an innovative and highly respected cutting-edge organization.
The internship is an unpaid position, but current students may be able to earn educational credits for the internship. To apply for the position, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please label all emails: "Internship Interest." No phone calls please.
Responsibilities• Perform research and other needed tasks in areas such as policy, government relations, communications, and state activities
• Contribute to the weekly policy newsletter
• Assist policy and government relations staff
• Help organize and keep legislative sections of the website current
• Support selected communications, membership, and state activities
• Develop knowledge base about health information technology and related issue areas
Requirements• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and meet goals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience using basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must be a current college student, recent college graduate, or current graduate student