Public Policy Internship at the Tucson Hispanic ChamberBookmark This
Tucson Hispanic Chamber
823 E Speedway
DescriptionThe Tucson Hispanic Chamber has over 1000 member businesses and offices in Tucson and Hermosillo. Our mission is to advocate for and provide services that help grow our member's businesses. Our Business Advocacy committee meets every other week (Thursdays from 8:30a - 10:30a). The Public Policy Intern will assist in research, drafting letters and communicating our positions to our membership. In addition, they may attend public meetings representing the Tucson Hispanic Chamber.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern(s) will attend the bi-weekly Business Advocacy committee meetings held the second and fourth Thursdays of each month from 8:30a - 10:30a at the THCC office. The intern will work closely with the President of the Chamber on research projects, drafting letters to government agencies and elected officials and support politically-oriented non-partisan events.
RequirementsDesired Skills & Experience
• Desire to work on public policy or government-related issues
• On track to complete a Bachelor’s degree; communications or political science preferred.
• Ability to work in a flexible work environment; Self starter; develop strategy and communicate collaboratively with the committee and THCC staff
• Proven excellent writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work semi-autonomously, (supervision while performing certain tasks)
• Must be familiar with Microsoft-based computer programs