The McGrath Farm Animal Public Policy Internship—CampaignsThe Humane Society of the United States
Policy & Law Research Assistant (Virtual)Goeman Bind HTO
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Client Relations | Sales | MarketingELM Global
Policy InternshipPeople's Policy Research
Campaign InternFair Share
Internship for Students Interested In Business, Politics, Journalism, Entertainment or Media ArtsUnderground Network
Government Affairs - Spring and/or Summer 2017Bookmark This
National Sleep Foundation
1010 N Glebe Rd.
Posted: August 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National Sleep Foundation (NSF) is looking for a government affairs (GA) intern for the spring and summer of 2017. NSF’s advocacy agenda aims to improve people’s health and well-being by educating policy makers on sleep health within and among:
• The military
• Vulnerable populations (i.e., veterans, older adults)
The GA intern will gain policy experience through meeting with Congressional and executive agency staff, attending hearings, drafting official correspondence, helping to organize events and other tasks, as assigned.
Qualified applicants must possess the following:
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Active interest in public policy and/or politics
• Strong research and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to complete tasks
• Approachability and willingness to learn
Internships are unpaid, but college credit is available. Perks include a transportation stipend or parking reimbursement, fruit and granola office service and a collaborative environment. Hours can be flexible but students must commit to a set schedule. Typical interns work between 16 and 37.5 hours a week at our office in Arlington, VA, located on the orange/silver lines of the metro. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring and summer semesters on a rolling basis.
1. Email your cover letter, resume and one writing sample, if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Include “Government Affairs Internship- [SEMESTER] 2017” in the subject line.
3. Indicate in your letter why you are interested in the internship and public policy, how your skills and personality make you a good fit and your availability during the spring/summer term. This input will be strongly considered during the review process.
About the National Sleep Foundation
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving health and well-being through sleep education and advocacy. Founded in 1990 by the leaders in sleep medicine, NSF is the trusted resource for sleep science, healthy sleep habits, and sleep disorders to medical professionals, patients and the public. Find out more at www.Sleepfoundation.org.