Spring InternshipWashington Premier Group
Food Program Intern (Crisis Department) - Spring 2017 SemesterMet Council
SNAP Outreach Intern (Benefits Access Department) - Spring 2017 SemesterMet Council
Service Learning Intern (Volunteer Services Department) - Spring 2017 SemesterMet Council
Data Intern (Data Department) - Spring 2017 SemesterMet Council
Health Policy Advocacy InternshipHCM Strategists
AEI Summer Honors ProgramAmerican Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
Advocacy and Community Organizing InternSouthern California Against Forced Treatment
Policy & Membership InternshipBookmark This
Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
1625 K Street NW, Suite 210
Posted: August 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) is the regional trade association representing restaurants and the foodservice industry in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Established in 1920, RAMW is an advocate, resource and community for its members. The Association works to promote and sustain the growth and development of the industry while providing its members legislative and regulatory representation, marketing and small business support, programming and events.
The Policy & Membership team at RAMW is looking for an intern to help monitor restaurant industry topics, conduct research, and help drive association campaigns. Most importantly, RAMW values interns who are full of fresh ideas, crave learning new skills, and aren't afraid to tackle big projects.
This internship opportunity is unpaid and requires a minimum 15+ hours per week. Specific schedules are flexible within association business hours (9:00am – 5:00PM).
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and would like to learn more, please send your resume and cover letter, including approximate start date, to firstname.lastname@example.org. RAMW is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply!
Follow RAMW On Social Media:
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/RAMWdc
• Twitter: @RAMWdc
• Instagram: @RAMWdc
Responsibilities• Monitor and digest media coverage of important political industry topics, as well as monitor new restaurant openings and general coverage of the local industry
• Help promote outreach to increase member base, as well as provide administrative support for current membership databases
• Conduct research on national political landscape, laws, policies and regulations that effect industry operations
• Maintain organizational and alert system to manage research, and digest all research in quick, easily digestible format
• Provide support for issue driven campaigns and monitor activity in the DC Council, NoVa and Maryland
Requirements• Pursuing a Bachelors Degree
• Efficient, organized, and reliable
• Creative, flexible, and holds growth potential
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
• Open-minded, fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
• Interest in or knowledge of DC food scene a plus, but not required.