Legislative InternMassachusetts State Senate
The McGrath Farm Animal Public Policy Internship—CampaignsThe Humane Society of the United States
State Health Policy InternAcademyHealth
Policy AssistantThe Dalton Daley Group
Government Affairs - Spring and/or Summer 2017National Sleep Foundation
Policy & Membership InternshipRestaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
Policy & Advocacy SpecialistNational Prevention Science Coalition to Improve Lives (NPSC)
Policy InternGlasshouse Policy
Public Policy InternBookmark This
Safe Kids Worldwide
1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 1000
Posted: January 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Public Policy Intern
Public Policy Department
The Public Policy team at Safe Kids Worldwide is looking for a dependable intern interested in public policy, especially in relation to child safety and public health, and/or an interest in "lobbying" for a cause. This is a proactive internship where you will engage in the public policy priorities of the organization. You will attend high-level meetings with organization staff, other safety organizations and Congressional and government officials. Based on skill level, you will walk away from this internship with writing samples you can use for your future. Interns in this department have been hired onto the staff.
The ideal candidate is someone who is familiar with public policy, public health or social science, and has a strong interest in child safety and child health initiatives. They must be interested in working with a team to develop and support the mission of Safe Kids Worldwide and its Public Policy Department. Our office is fast paced and a can-do attitude is essential.
The internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional policy and public health experience. The internship is unpaid. Credit is available upon request. We are looking for a 20 or more hours per week commitment.
Take a look at our intern video: http://bit.ly/1CjPsz3
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume through internships.com. No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received by Safe Kids Worldwide, all applicants will be notified of their application status via email, if their qualifications are a match for this position.
Responsibilities• Provide background research and memos relating to current legislative efforts
• Draft blogs, tweets, and talking points relating to child injury
• Assist in coordination of summer international conference and Hill safety event
• Draft invitations, introductions and other letters to members of Congress
• Attending briefings, press releases, lectures, and interviews
• Contribute both individually and as a team in meetings and brainstorming sessions
Requirements• Be currently enrolled in a program or have a degree in policy, government, public health or the social
• Detail oriented
• Possess strong time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess excellent writing skills
• Self-motivated and have a desire to do high quality level of work with frequent deliverables
• Demonstrate an ability to think creatively, independently, and problem-solve to meet long-range and
• Have a proven ability to prioritize and complete required tasks without direct daily oversight