The McGrath Farm Animal Public Policy Internship—CampaignsThe Humane Society of the United States
Policy & Law Research Assistant (Virtual)Goeman Bind HTO
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Client Relations | Sales | MarketingELM Global
Policy InternshipPeople's Policy Research
Campaign InternFair Share
Internship for Students Interested In Business, Politics, Journalism, Entertainment or Media ArtsUnderground Network
Reimagining Education InternBookmark This
1133 19th Street, NW Suite 250
Posted: August 03 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionConvergence seeks interns on a rolling basis to work on Education Reimagined. Interns play an integral role in supporting the team to fulfill on its purpose to build a movement to transform the education system from a school-centric one to a learner-centric one.
The experience on the Education Reimagined team will:
• Allow interns to interact directly with other Convergence staff members, whose expertise and interests cover a broad range of topics
• Provide interns with connections to a network of leading education thinkers and players
• Develop networking and leadership skills
• Provide exposure to non-profit management
• Provide exposure to the Washington, DC policy world
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution is a non-partisan, non-profit organization based in Washington, DC that specializes in convening people and groups with conflicting views to build trust, identify solutions, and form alliances for action on critical national issues. We are a diverse and lean organization of highly experienced and motivated individuals who seek to make a difference. Convergence is currently applying its proven process in the following areas: nutrition and wellness, economic mobility & poverty, long-term care, and U.S.-Pakistan relations.
For more information, please visit: www.convergencepolicy.orgThis is an unpaid position, though interns are reimbursed commuting costs up to $7 per each working day. Applicants must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. To apply, please send the following items to Demi Edwards email@example.com with the subject line “EDU Intern Application”.
• Cover letter addressing your interest in the position, as well as your relevant educational, professional, and/or personal experiences or goals
• Resume including relevant marketing, communications, education, and work experiences
• Writing sample on a subject of your choosing
Due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If after review of your application, we feel you may be a good fit for the position, we will contact you to set up a phone interview.
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, military veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ResponsibilitiesPerform substantive research on innovative education practices, initiatives, studies, policies, and leading stakeholders
• Identify key learning environments and education stakeholders with whom Education Reimagined should connect
• Write copy for weekly e-newsletters
• Curate content and resources for the website
• Manage databases of articles, contacts, events, and stakeholder connections
• Participate in interviews with influential education stakeholders
• Support staff at internal and external meetings, including material preparation, logistics management, and note-taking
• Cover outside events and seminars for the team
• Take part in weekly Convergence staff meetings
• Assist in administrative tasks, as needed
RequirementsQualified applicants should:
• Have experience and background in education and research
• Be passionate and open-minded about the issues associated with education
• Possess strong writing skills and the ability to craft messages to multi-stakeholder audiences
• Be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills
• Be flexible with regard to work assignments
• Work well individually and with others and be able to positively receive and integrate feedback
• Be fluent with Word, Excel, and online communication vehicles