Legislative InternMassachusetts State Senate
The McGrath Farm Animal Public Policy Internship—CampaignsThe Humane Society of the United States
Policy AssistantThe Dalton Daley Group
Government Affairs - Spring and/or Summer 2017National Sleep Foundation
Policy & Membership InternshipRestaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
Policy & Advocacy SpecialistNational Prevention Science Coalition to Improve Lives (NPSC)
INTERN FOR THE ARIZONA DEMOCRATIC PARTY (HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS APPLICATION)Arizona Democratic Party
Law School Internship - 2017D.C. Gov. Office of Police Complaints
State Health Policy InternBookmark This
1666 K Street NW Ste. 1100
Posted: September 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAcademyHealth is a leading national organization serving the fields of health services and policy research and the professionals who produce and use this important work. Together with our members, we offer programs and services that support the development and use of rigorous, relevant and timely evidence to increase the quality, accessibility, and value of health care, to reduce disparities, and to improve health. A trusted broker of information, AcademyHealth brings stakeholders together to address the current and future needs of an evolving health system, inform health policy, and translate evidence into action.
• Performing a wide range of administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings and conference calls, helping invited speakers and experts with travel and logistics, creating, updating and maintaining organized files and records.
• Providing logistical support for meetings, including preparation and dissemination of agenda and materials, taking notes at meetings, and development of meeting summaries.
• Researching and summarizing relevant articles and public resources to share with the team and promote through our channels.
• Providing administrative support for meetings, workshops, and webinars.
• Performing a wide range of administrative tasks, including drafting participant lists, meeting materials, and meeting minutes; creating, updating, and maintaining databases.
• Maintaining and updating project websites.
Starting Date: Late-September End Date: Negotiable
Hours per Week: 20 Pay Status: Paid
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Human Resources Director, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Fax: 202 292-6800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying. For more information, please go to www.academyhealth.org.
• Undergraduate or graduate student with demonstrated interest in state based research and health policy.
• Enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who is able to work independently and in a collaborative work
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Willingness to perform administrative tasks is required.
• Great attention to detail.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications; prior experience working with websites a plus.