9/11 Unity Walk Marketing and Communications InternshipBookmark This
9/11 Unity Walk
DescriptionThe Washington, DC based organization, 9/11 Unity Walk, seeks a marketing and communications intern. In this role, the intern will be actively involved in the various aspects of planning in events and activities leading up to the event on the first Sunday in September.
Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi’s nonviolence movement and celebrating religious and cultural understanding towards a peaceful world, thousands gather along Washington, DC’s Embassy Row on Massachusetts Avenue to experience walk together as global community, enjoy great food, and create friendships. Participating Houses of Worship on Embassy Row open their doors to invite people to learn about their history, culture and faith traditions. The internationally acclaimed event was featured on BBC, CNN, Voice of America, The Washington Post and The Daily Show.
This internship does not offer monetary compensation but 911 Unity Walk is open to coordinate with colleges and universities to set-up academic credit in our internship program. The hours for the internship average about 12 – 20 hours/week and is flexible based on school/work commitments. For more information about the Walk, visit www.911unitywalk.org.
Interested individuals should send cover letter, resume, a writing sample and two professional references to Jacqueline Fuller at email@example.com.
Responsibilities- Draft copy for press releases, website content, program flyers, e-newsletter and blog articles.
- Engage our online community by maintaining its social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Use graphic design to assist in marketing strategies and program outreach.
- Assist the 9/11 Unity Walk volunteer media relations team with press outreach (media kits, pitch reporters, etc.).
- Assist with developing editorial and interfaith event calendars.
- Participate in outreach initiatives with 9/11 Unity Walk leadership and volunteers at community events and networking events to promote the organization’s mission, programs and affiliate groups.
Requirements- Background in advertising, marketing, public relations or other related discipline.
- Share a passion for interfaith relations and intercultural communications.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Be comfortable working on assignments independently and team collaboration with diverse communities.
- Eager to be part of a growing nonprofit organization.
- Have a working knowledge of web content editing and maintenance.
- Have a working knowledge of social networking sites.
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office.