Beauty PR/ Communications Intern (Summer 2014)Bookmark This
DescriptionDo you have the gift of gab? Are you a social butterfly? Can you make just about anything sound interesting? Join Biao Skincare's PR/Communication team. Help us get the word out about our fabulous product and company. If you’re looking to gain hands-on experience in the beauty industry, here’s your chance to follow your passion, gain valuable skills, and work with a great team and a brand that is growing exponentially by the minute.
Biao Skincare, a Houston based natural and organic skincare company is currently seeking professional and creative interns to help us spread the word about Biao Skincare. You will work directly with our Founder and Marketing Director to help come up with brilliant and creative ways to create a buzz about our products.
Students from around the country encouraged to apply. You can work from home.
We are a pre-funded startup so while we can’t offer compensation, we will gladly write glowing recommendations and make introductions to other startups/companies/people where deserved! The founders have deep connections in the startup scene and in industries including finance, fashion, retail, and consulting.
Potential for full-time positions at the company as well.
Responsibilities- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in public relations or communications.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to pitch a story, network, and make connections.
- A self-starter who can work independently yet can follow direction.
- Experience/interest in fashion, travel, and/or weddings a plus.
- An inquisitive mind and the willingness to learn.
Requirements- Writing and editing press releases
- Media database management
- Working directly with media to coordinate interviews and story opportunities
- Media tracking
- Planning and assisting at special events
- Participation in publicity planning and strategy sessions
- Preparation, organization and distribution of press clippings and other press materials
- Pitching local & national media
- Light clerical work