Beauty Public Relations (Summer 2014)Bookmark This
DescriptionBiao Skincare is looking to hire a Beauty Public Relations Intern interested in growing their knowledge and practical experience in beauty public relations. As our Beauty PR Intern, you should be a natural communicator and researcher, familiar with media monitoring tools and compiling media lists as well as a keen eye for recognizing brand ambassadors. A strong interest / passion in natural and organic skincare and managing online brands are key to this position.
What Do I Learn with Biao Skincare:
• Public Relations – Your background in Public Relations is key in this position, as you will be both teaching and learning techniques for growing a brand’s digital footprint through public relations.
• Teamwork – You will be an integral part of the team. We support your growth, challenge your ideas, encourage your creativity and always listen to your ideas (and usually try them), encourage your creativity and always listen to your ideas (and usually try them).
We are a pre-funded startup so while we can’t offer compensation, we will gladly write glowing recommendations and make introductions to other startups/companies/people where deserved! The founders have deep connections in the startup scene and in industries including finance, fashion, retail, and consulting.
Responsibilities• Develop and execute a public relations plan and assist in developing the social media strategy and related campaigns.
• Contact Beauty editors, vbloggers, beauty bloggers and other media outlets to market brand/products.
• Conduct media monitoring and scanning to identify opportunities and placements including magazines, newspapers, journalists, bloggers, “guerilla” PR opportunities or potential brand ambassadors for our products.
• Write and proof press releases, media pitches, social outreach letters, press kits and other materials.
• Assist in generating content for social networks as well as direct marketing efforts (newsletters, infographics).
• Directly identify and conduct outreach on behalf of our bloggers for guest blogging placement or article trade opportunities.
• Identify opportunities for growth through strategic networking and social media.
• Other projects as needed
RequirementsPrior experience in Public Relations, through schoolwork, another internship or salaried work is required. Work will be flexible and sometimes repetitive, but critical to the organization's success. We want Team Players, Communicators, Innovators and persons who are eager to work hard and do great things.
Benefits of this position are the following:
• The commitment is flexible so we respect your school and work schedule, but require posts at least daily.
• You'll learn about valuable skills for natural and organic skincare, develop quality connections and curetting content for building brands.
The Beauty Public Relations Internship is for EXPERIENCE or SCHOOL CREDIT. We can work with your school / organization to offer academic credit and ideally will look to hire those for school credit. Regular correspondence with the Marketing Manager is also a part of this job.