Communications & Public Relations InternBookmark This
3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong, and self-reliant.
This position will ensure that Family Tree operations will have the necessary Public Relations support to ensure efficient and timely communication to the community.
In addition, this position means that Gift and Community Support staff will be able to increase their capacity to produce quality services for Family Tree employees, Board of Directors and Committees.
Responsibilities· Assist with preparation of organizational communication – email blasts, website
articles, newsletter, reports, flyers, brochures.
· Assist with identification of local media outlets in order to increase public
awareness of Family Tree and its mission (print/electronic media, cable TV/radio)
· Develop PSAs and press releases.
· Participate in bi-weekly Gifts and Community Support team meetings
· Participate in Kaleidoscope meetings/subcommittee meetings to address
inclusivity and diversity in the workplace.
· Assist with further research on the uses and applications of social media networks
in the service of communication and philanthropy.
· Identify civic clubs, churches, corporations, small and mid-sized businesses and
other appropriate venues for public speaking opportunities for Family Tree and
assist with management of Speakers Bureau.
· Participate in Family Tree Communications Council.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and brief cover letter to
Jaclyn Wilmot, Director of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For
questions, please don’t hesitate to call: 303-403-5892.
Requirements· A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software.
· Ability to work in a professional office setting and to collaborate with staff and
· Knowledge of creative software is a plus.
We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium, At-Risk Youth,
· Communications and PR Intern will have additional training from Gifts and Community Support staff.
Communications/Public Relations Intern hours are flexible during regular business hours
(M-F 9am – 5pm). A six month commitment is preferred for a rich experience.