Communications/Public Relations Internship (duration: 12 months)Bookmark This
German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc.
1170 Howell Mill Road Suite 300
PLEASE DO ONLY APPLY VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the US. Over the past 30 years the GACC South has established a strong network consisting of over 700 members within the German-American business community.
We are seeking a highly motivated, full-time or part-time intern, to assist with maintain all GACC South communications. For this internship an eye for details and good proof reading skills are essential!
You will work closely with current staff and managers to maintain all GACC South communications and will communicate directly with clients. Due to our small and flexible organizational structure it is necessary for each employee to assume full responsibility for their assigned duties as quickly and completely as possible.
Responsibilities• Assist in all aspects of promoting & working at GACC South business events
• Create e-invitations and e-mailings (w/ Constant Contact)
• Assist with monthly publications, press releases, articles and blog entries (research, writing and editorial)
• Update (daily) and enhance the GACC South website (w/ Typo 3)
• Design print materials such as invitations, promotional brochures & booklets, annual report, etc.
• Contribute to online communications strategy including social media
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree in PR or communications
• Excellent communication and skills, both spoken and written English
• German language skills preferred
• A practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and Photoshop; further knowledge of web design (html) and the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Ability to work independently but integrate with our team
• Problem solving skills and an eye for details are a must
• Creative spirit
• Highly organized, comfortable with managing multiple projects
• Quick to adapt and learn new tasks and projects
• Confidence and a “can-do” attitude
Start date: ASAP (Duration of internship: 12 months)
Location: Atlanta, GA (with virtual assistance to our branch office in Houston, TX)
How to apply: Please email your application to email@example.com. (Cover letter, two references and resume attached).
Reference: Communications/Public Relations Internship
Information for applicants:
Thank you very much for your application and your interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving we are not able to answer each application personally. We are in the process of reviewing all incoming applications. If we find your skills meet our particular needs we will contact you.