Public Relations InternSice Me
Summer internship at boutique PR FirmTLC
Do U Luv PR-Social Media & Talk On The Phone? Do WordPress 2-Help A Unique Marketing-PR & Pub. Co.curvy girl publishing
Social Media Public Relations InternDerrick Simmons Film Works
Public Relations InternshipMSR Communications
Public Relations and Marketing InternBookmark This
We Care Jacksonville
4080 Woodcock Drive, Bldg 2400, Suite 130
DescriptionThis is a great internship for someone looking for experience in a nonprofit and public relations. We Care is a local nonprofit that provides medical care for our uninsured and undeserved. As an intern you will gain many experiences including:
• Field experience in event planning, public relations, marketing, and fundraising.
• Networking opportunities with nonprofit organizations, media outlets, event sponsors, and companies.
• Experience the ‘behind the scenes’ of a special event.
• Portfolio materials.
• Resume and interviewing assistance, if needed.
• Recommendation letter upon completion of internship.
• College credit, if applicable.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting members of the Development team with:
• Write and edit press releases.
• Design flyers as needed for events, programs or socials.
• Assist with website updates via Word Press.
• Develop an intern blog.
• Handle all social media sites, including developing a social media plan.
• Help to promote events through social media, email blasts, flyer distribution and face to face contact.
• Assist with our Young Professional Advisory Council (YPAC).
• Assist with promoting all YPAC meetings, socials and events.
• Attend any meetings or seminars as requested.
• Assist in the production of our annual fall event.
• Promote event through all communication avenues.
• Help secure volunteers for events.
• Organize all media articles.
• Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements• College student, preferably a Junior, Senior, or graduate student.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Well developed organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Good communication skills.
• A self-starter with a desire to learn.
• Knowledge of Excel, Publisher, and Word.
• Must be willing to negotiate for in-kind services, donations, and other items.
• Outgoing, friendly personality.