Digital InternBookmark This
2809 Boston Street #8
DescriptionAs a global communications firm, Weber Shandwick Baltimore is seeking a digital intern who is just as connected and engaging as we are and is here to tell a story, all while creating their own. An ideal candidate gets all things digital and tech-savvy, has a knack for thinking big, complete with a touch of creativity. Weber Baltimore interns will help craft, measure and analyze campaigns for some of the most iconic brands that they encounter every day, some of which include American Airlines, General Motors, and Anheuser-Busch.
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations firm with offices in 81 countries around the world. The firm has won numerous awards for innovative approaches and creative campaigns including being named both The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global Agency of the Year and the “Most Creative PR Firm in the World,” based on the agency’s first-place finish in its “Creative Index,” as well as PR News’ 2012 Digital PR Firm of the Year. Major practice areas include consumer marketing, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate and crisis management. The firm has deep, award-winning expertise in social media and digital marketing that helps drive engagement. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Responsibilities• Track brands in digital and social media
• Know all the relevant social platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
• Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
• Work fast, work well
• Actively participate in agency development by assisting with new business and volunteering to assist other staff with urgent client needs
• Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook —Design and video editing skills are a plus!
• Draft basic materials and briefing documents
• Proof and edit internal and external documents
• Consistently update manager on progress of activities
RequirementsThe successful candidate will possess:
• An interest in, and enthusiasm for, public relations and digital communications
• A desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced agency environment
• Strong writing skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• A willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done