Digital Marketing Strategist - InternshipBookmark This
7083 Hollywood Blvd
DescriptionThe Digital Marketing Strategy intern is a member of our R&D team. Not only will you learn the ins/outs of Digital Marketing at the most cutting edge level - you will be part of the team that demystifies the Google Algorithm and helps to establish the true metrics that will influence Search Results over the next 18 months.
As you may know - the Google Algorithm changes several times a day (800x a year). When a company is faced with decisions on spending money on online brand campaigns, online advertisements, Social Media Marketing, Website development, Public Relations, and Brand Anchoring Google matters more than anything else in this country.
As an R&D intern, you will be trained to be a liaison with clients, public relations agencies and media outlets for the company to help determine the factors that will enforce brand and SEO guidelines in marketing publications, and will be creating reports that measure the success of various programs.
Forrester's Interactive Marketing Forecast for 2011-2016 predicts that 26 percent of all advertising spend will come from interactive marketing reaching a grand total of $77 billion by 2016, with $33 billion of that coming through search.
Although the report states that search will lose some share from 55 percent today to 44 percent of all interactive spend in 2016, it also states that “Marketers refocus their search marketing strategies on 'getting found' by users through any medium — not just search engines” making non-advertising strategy the goal.
Search Engine Studio is the premier SEO marketing consultancy, specializing in search engine/experience optimization and integrated marketing, applying a proprietary and proven methodology to enable connections between your company and your consumers; We do this by first letting the internet know that you exist, and then training the search engines to present your firm’s product/services to your target audience/consumers.
Responsibilities• BS Degree in Communications, New Media, Journalism, Marketing or related field, MBA preferred.
• Highly analytical thinker (any creative/conceptual thinking traits are a plus) 1-4 years professional advertising, interactive or multimedia experience
• Digital Agency, Social Media Agency or Client side experience within same sphere required
• Some knowledge of HTML helpful
• Understanding of information design and usability principles, ability to interpret IA documents
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to juggle assignments and tight deadlines
• Ability to learn new technologies and embrace evolving "best practices." Broad-based knowledge of internet design best practices.
• Have an interest in social and cultural trends and stay up to speed on emerging digital technologies
• Must use Mashable.com for research on social media
• Must know about blogging and also how to find the right bloggers for social media needs
• Project Management skills needed
• Know how to conduct internet research to find blogs, forums, discussion groups and online communities for each social media need.
• Must have negotiating skills
• Understanding of SEO principles is a plus.