Entertainment Public Relations Internship - Los AngelesBookmark This
Bender Helper Impact
11500 W. Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
College Credit, Unpaid Student Internships
About Bender/Helper Impact
Bender/Helper Impact (www.bhimpact.com) is one of the world’s leading independent marketing communications and public relations firms focused on entertainment content, products, services and technologies. Since its founding by Dean Bender and Lee Helper in 1986, B/HI has handled communications programs for many of the largest media companies and properties in the world, and has implemented powerful and effective media strategies for innovative and cutting edge companies and their breakthrough products and technologies.
The Bender/Helper Impact (B/HI) Internship program is designed to be educationally and professionally enriching while supporting interns’ development of practical, creative and analytical skills. Interns will learn how to implement PR campaign strategies with a focus on earned media coverage. In this fast-paced agency environment, interns are able to develop experience and skills that could prove advantageous in seeking future career opportunities in public relations.
Working closely with professional B/HI account teams, interns are exposed to the intricacies of public relations within the entertainment and associated digital technology driven industries.
Training will focus on developing an understanding and competencies in:
• Building media lists through the utilization of a variety of PR tools
• Researching and documenting secured media coverage on behalf of agency clients
• Creating reporting documents for clients (e.g. impressions grids, clip reports, competitive roundups, etc.)
• Drafting press releases, media alerts, briefing documents, etc.
• Researching and creating client editorial calendar opportunities
• Researching relevant conferences, speaking and award related opportunities
• Learning the proper etiquette when communicating on all levels, internal agency and external, including client and media communications
• The agency creative process, planning, and agency team collaboration
• Media and social media landscape, trends and strategies
To apply send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
RequirementsB/HI prefers candidates that meet the following criteria:
• Possess a positive work ethic
• Eager to learn about entertainment technology public relations and B/HI’s specialized practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a journalistic sensibility and understanding
• Organized and display ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Internet and social media knowledgeable, including experience in utilizing key Internet and social media tools, mobile apps.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, web browsers
• Must be an enrolled college student interested in public relations, marketing communications, media and/or journalism and eligible to receive course credit for interning at B/HI.