Event Coordinator / Public Relations Assistant - Large Dance StudioBookmark This
Fatcat Ballroom and Dance Co.
Near the 51 freeway and Thunderbird Rod
DescriptionLarge Phoenix dance studio is seeking interns to help coordinate and publicize weekly events, competitions, and performances. There is always something fun happening at our studio, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights when we host our weekly dance lessons and parties!
We're looking for university students majoring in public relations, event management, or communications to help us (a) coordinate events, (b) handle media relations and social media, (c) design marketing flyers and other promotional pieces, and (d) serve as brand ambassadors for the studio.
Preference will be given to applicants who are able to attend the Friday and Saturday night events. Excellent writing and people skills are required.
This is a fun, exciting internship that will provide the opportunity to learn a variety of skills and meet many interesting people.
RequirementsThe following experience is desired, but not required:
- event coordination
- public relations (writing press releases, maintaining media lists)
- graphic design (ability to create flyers, monthly studio event calendar, etc.)
- sales / marketing
- administrative (phones, record-keeping, etc.)
- people skills (ability to mix and mingle and serve as host/hostess at our weekly events)
- an interest in ballroom dance would be particularly helpful