Fashion, Hospitality & Entertainment Spring 2015 Public Relations and Social Media InternBookmark This
Margie Korshak Inc
John Hancock Building
DescriptionThe Fashion, Hospitality and Entertainment Department of Margie Korshak, Inc. is currently accepting applications for their Spring 2015 internship program. The Spring 2015 internship Program typically runs from January through May 2015 Spring 2015 applications are due Friday October 31st, 2015).This program offers hands-on experience focused on public relations, social media and event planning. MKI internships are unpaid; however, interns receive a $25 monthly stipend to help cover commuting costs. Students may also receive school credit for our internship program.
About Margie Korshak, Inc.:
The passion and drive we have for the brands we represent are what makes us thrive. The media ‘know-how’ and signature creativity that we add to our product is what differentiates our work in making our clients known.
For 47 years, MKI has been providing and continues to provide public relations for the “who’s who” across all markets. We have a distinguished and diversified clientele in the arenas of fashion and beauty, consumer products, food and restaurants, hospitality, nonprofit, real estate, sports and, of course, entertainment.
With esteemed brands and strong relationships, we are present at almost every major “happening” in Chicagoland and have daily involvement in every form of print, television, radio and online forums in the market.
We carry out results-oriented public relations campaigns, implemented by seasoned professionals, as well as full-service advertising and promotional campaigns, created by in-house experts.
How We Work:
• Margie Korshak, Inc. has a well-rounded staff including multiple departments such as account management, social media, special events, public relations, promotions and advertising. The agency operates under a “team-effort” philosophy, allowing clients to be served by a number of professionals with specific areas of expertise who have a heightened awareness of the current climate for media and promotional opportunities.
Interns are expected to:
• Receive instruction and hands-on experience doing entry-level public relations and social media work in an agency setting.
• Work closely with the executive team.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of local media relations and the ability to find appropriate media contacts.
• Craft creative and engaging social media, so to develop a solid understanding of social media strategy as it relates to public relations.
• Practice networking and event management skills at client and media events.
• Hold to the same standards as an entry-level employee, practicing good judgment and professionalism on a daily basis.
Typical duties include:
• Documenting and tracking all client media coverage.
• Creating targeted media lists using Cision and other online resources.
• Tracking coverage impressions using Quantcast, Cision and Compete.
• Assisting with client events, including TV segments, grand opening events, promotional opportunities, cocktail parties, fashion shoots, etc.
• Assisting in the development of strategies for different clients through brainstorming sessions with executive team and independent research.
Typical duties include:
• Creating targeted social media content for MKI pages and various clients’ social media profiles.
• Scheduling client and agency content using Hootsuite and Facebook.
• Researching new strategies, technologies and social media trends.
• Editing/peer-reviewing social media posts created by other interns prior to approval from executive team.
Requirements• Must have completed one internship in Public Relations/Event Management or Social Media.
• Must be a current full-time or part-time college student.
• Must be available a minimum of three days per week, Mondays through Fridays (9am-5pm) required; occasional evening and weekend availability may also be required to assist with client events.
• Must possess a keen attention-to-detail and stellar organization skills.
• Must be familiar with AP Style guidelines.
• Must practice communicative and proactive approach to work.
• Must multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
• Must have a solid understanding of social media platforms including Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
• Must have a basic familiarity with Cision, Quantcast and Compete.
• Do not call agency.
1. Like Margie Korshak Inc. on Facebook. (www.facebook.com/MargieKorshakInc)
2. Follow Margie Korshak Inc. on Twitter (@MargieKorshak).
3. Email resumes to internships [at] korshak.com.
b. In the body of your email, include the following information/answers:
i. Include “Spring 2015 Internship” in email subject line
ii. What interests you about working at MKI?
iii. Please tell us about one item in your professional portfolio.