Grassroots InternBookmark This
Fontaine & Company
2423 Maryland Ave, Suite 300
DescriptionFontaine & Company is a grassroots advocacy and political consulting firm that works to educate, mobilize and inspire potential advocates with powerful field and grassroots campaigns. Using both contemporary and “old-fashioned” organizing tactics coupled with layered contact programs, we build and execute campaigns that cultivate and nurture supporters, leveraging the power of citizen engagement to link organizational and electoral objectives to the needs of communities and key constituencies.
We are seeking bright, motivated, and civically minded interns who want first-hand experience working on issue-based, electoral and advocacy campaigns.
• Organize and maintain supporter records
• Support the efforts of field staff to organize and execute statewide and local canvass programs
• Organize and facilitate community outreach meetings and earned media events
• Identify local community leaders, stakeholders and important civic organizations
• Prepare and facilitate phone banks
• Execute election day GOTV activities
• Manage social media presence
• Other duties as assigned
Intern must be: a self-starter; critical thinker; creative and outgoing; able to work with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity; a team player; comfortable working with the public sector and communicating to diverse groups; able to maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct; and technologically savvy.
This internship is unpaid, but students may obtain course credit. Applicants should email a cover letter, résumé, hours of availability, a one-page single-spaced essay about what the student hopes to gain from the internship and school requirements for internship completion/credit to Internships@FontaineCompany.com.