Independent record label seeks Summer Radio Relations InternBookmark This
515 W59th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com), is offering a Radio Relations Internship to a dedicated and motivated candidate to join our New York and Toronto teams. You will receive mentorship from Day One's Strategist, Artist Manager, and the label’s Artist Support. You will also receive tutelage from Radio industry professionals, who will assist you in developing skills and abilities that you wish to gain.
This position will offer a diverse wealth of experiences and is an opportunity to gain real-life experience in the worlds of music, public relations and radio. Your primary role will involve communicating with radio shows and stations in America, Canada, and major international cities that have expressed an interest in Shah’s music. If you are a hard working individual and want to gain experience with an emerging record label where you can develop your skill sets, please send us your cover letter and CV.
Responsibilities• Follow up communication with Radio shows and Radio Stations that have contacted Day One with an interest in playing Shah’s music
• Communicate with DJ’s and Radio Show hosts interested in playing Shah’s music
• Research new radio opportunities (using label's existing guides and additional guides available online)
• Serve as contact between label's artist and radio shows/radio stations for music requests, interview requests and other promo
• Optional: Attend industry events in Toronto and New York, to network with radio contacts on behalf of label and label's artist
Requirements• Excellent communication skills
• Hard working with the ability to find creative solutions to unique problems
• Ability to open doors in media through networking and communication
• Ability to research relevant contacts and radio protocol using internet
• Punctual and reliable