PR/MarketingThe Royal Obsession
Social Media & Community Management InternBennettRank.com
Outreach & Marketing Specialist (The Power of Vision Training Event)Revolutionary Culture, Inc
Communications: Media Relations Internship - Fall 2014Pulmonary Hypertension Association
Public Relations Intern-your scheduleLfl Records
Marketing Assistant / Public Relations AssistantBookmark This
Hong Kong Association of Washington
Hong Kong Association of Washington (HKAW), PO Box 3422
DescriptionHong Kong Association of Washington, or “HKAW”, is also previously known as the Hong Kong Club of Washington (HKCW). This is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, first established in 1994 by a group of community-minded leaders who have a common background of upbringings from Hong Kong. HKAW aim to serve by engaging in both business and social activities to enrich people’s lives with the similar interests while increasing awareness of contemporary issues that arise in Hong Kong and China.
HKAW belongs to the “Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide“, where it is a part of an unique network of 32 Hong Kong Business Associations (HKBA) across 30 countries with over 12,000 individual members. Hong Kong Business Associations were started up locally by business professionals, all of whom have strong business links to Hong Kong and China in their respective countries, for the purpose of networking and exchanging of business information and ideas. We have members who works in various trades, industries as well as different backgrounds, varying from seasoned CEOs to young business professionals and students who have an interest in business and networking.
HKAW is the only Northwest Chapter of the United States, serving the northwestern states of Washington, Idaho, Oregon. In 2004, HKAW proudly became one of the founding organizations of a national chapter of the Federation, named the “National US Hong Kong Business Association“.
Those of us at HKAW look to foster, develop and enhance relationships for those who have an interest within the States, Hong Kong and China, while educating and sharing the Chinese culture with our friends and colleagues.
More information via http://www.hkaw.org/
Responsibilities• Design creative marketing campaigns to maximize our ongoing efforts to establish the name recognition of HKAW
• Responsible for creating periodical write ups to be posted on newsletters and website (for both prior and after the event)
• Responsible for developing and publishing the periodic HKAW newsletter to attend as many HKAW functions and events as reasonably possible, and act as the HKAW's reporter
• Work with event planning team to market and promote HKAW related events
• May be required to write and design marketing materials which include articles, presentations, brochures, press releases, newsletter, event announcements, thank you letters, etc.
• Continuously look for additional channels for the organization to utilize within a reasonable amount of advertising (such as: Word Of Mouth Marketing, various online resources, local media outlet, etc)
• Provide constant updates of HKAW via different communication channels and responsible for external information broadcasting
• Assist in various events on an as needed basis
• Conduct post event evaluation among participants, sponsors, and volunteers
• and other related functions as required by the powers to be of the Marketing group
*Candidates with experience in at least one of the following will be a plus (please list it within your CV or Resume, or alternatively you may provide a list of any vector graphics editors that you have worked with):
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, CorelDRAW, Microsoft Expression Design
Requirements• A highly motivated self starter;
• Detailed oriented;
• Have sound knowledge of marketing principles;
• Effective presentation of information and strong communication skills;
• Up to date knowledge of new technologies and ability of applying it to marketing principles;
• Ability to work individually and ability to handle self-driven projects efficiently.
• Good at time management, setting priorities, organizing skills, attentiveness, and accuracy in performance;
• Work well with the available resources and under time constraints;
• Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and overall communication.
• Have fundamental knowledge of event or program evaluation