Marketing Internship - Public RelationsBookmark This
DescriptionLeadership Newark is a New Jersey based non-profit organization offering a public policy leadership development program for adults who either live, work or participate in the civic life within the City of Newark that seek to strengthen the City of Newark’s civic infrastructure through preparing the next generation of leaders to serve in numerous professional, political and volunteer capacities in the largest city in the State of New Jersey.
The 1st Annual Leadership Newark Public Policy Summit will be held on Saturday, November 9, 2013. The Summit will be a high profile, PR Worthy day long symposium where nationally known and locally active speakers, thinkers, and doers are coming together in an interactive environment to incubate solutions to specific issues. Think "TED" meets "Public Policy" in Newark. As 2013 commemorates Leadership Newark’s 15th Anniversary, a Reunion Celebration will be held that evening closing out the day’s festivities. A typical Leadership Newark event draws people from government, non-profit, entertainment, corporate america, media, education and more! This will be a great networking experience.
We seek some rock star interns that want to gain experience in the area of Marketing (emphasis in Grassroots Street Team, Video Production, PR) that will provide some great contacts, an impactful internship experience and letters of reference for job well done. If you can get college credit, awesome! We don't mind filling out the paperwork required for your school. You don't have to live, work or attend school in Newark, but if you are New Jersey based (live, work, school), we'd prefer it.
• Assisting PR with updating up media lists, status updates, output of press releases and information, following up to confirm receipt, performing research activities and compiling news clips about Leadership Newark.
• Assisting lead PR with the Public Policy Summit on day of event with handling press.
• Assisting lead PR with the Public Policy Summit recap report.
Requirements• Matriculating College Student (Incoming freshman are welcome)
• Preferred Majors: Public Relations, Communication, Marketing
• Working knowledge in the aforementioned majors
• General Computer Knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office, Email, Internet)
• Strong Time-Management and Organizational Skills
• Keen Attention to Detail, Follow Up, and Deadlines
• Self-starter with Multi-tasking ability
• Ability to work in a team or autonomously and in office and virtual environments
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Spring 2013 (March – June) / Applications due: February 22nd
• Summer 2013 (June – August) / Applications due: April 19th
• Fall 2013 (September – December) / Applications due: August 23rd