Marketing and Public Relations InternBookmark This
452 W Aldine
DescriptionUniversal Creativity, a non-profit geared towards fostering The Arts Community by developing experience college students or recent grads and developing their skills through community action. As a Marketing Intern your main duty will be connecting with the public our mission and projects available.
ResponsibilitiesReport to work on time
• Gather seasonal media & demographic research
• Help develop marketing plan for upcoming season
• Develop press releases
• Compile mailing list for a quarterly newsletter
• Design & complete summer/fall newsletter
• Assist with development of social network sites and website maintenance
• Assist with shows in various capacities – backstage, volunteer, box office, etc.
• Assist with summer/fall park series
• Customer service in the box office – selling tickets one day per week
• Assist with and perform any other duties as needed or assigned by the Marketing Director
RequirementsMareketing/Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a
university public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will
preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake
basic public relations writing assignments, and posses an understanding of basic media relations skills, creative marketing strategies to reach individuals and
an ability to interact professionally with clients, and good judgment. A working knowledge of
computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary.
Prior relevant experience is preferred.