Marketing and Public Relations InternBookmark This
DescriptionHouston, Texas, United States
Company Description: Kindred Communications is a full service communications firm specialized in communications, marketing, entertainment, community engagement, consulting, career services and media relations for individuals and small businesses.
Kindred Communications is looking for a bright, hardworking college student or recent graduate to join our team as a Marketing and Public Relations intern. The ideal candidate is passionate about the marketing and public relations field. The ideal candidate will also have leadership experience and strong communication skills.
- Create editorial calendars
- Research new social techniques, platforms and trends
- Brainstorm and implement social strategy
- Assist in management of social media pages for clients
- Increase traffic to social media pages
- Create and post content
- Post online ads
- Contact prospects
- Light copy writing
- And other marketing and public relations duties as needed
- College student or a recent graduate
- Available at least 5 to 7 hours a week (internship will mostly be virtual)
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Google+, FourSquare, HootSuite, Email Marketing)
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Professional, responsible and dependable
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be a critical thinker/ analytical
- Individual must be a team player and be able to work proficiently independently
- Experience with Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Wordpress or similar software a plus
- Desire to learn and grow in a fast paced, interactive marketing environment
- Able to multi-task and perform well under deadline
This role is perfect for someone with strong Marketing or Journalism experience, but others are encouraged to apply.
Benefits to interning with Kindred Communications:
School credit is required. The internship is flexible and will work to accommodate your schedule whenever possible. If you finish all tasks efficiently we can help launch your career. We will assist with resumes, cover letters, make calls, help with networking and write recommendation letters. Kindred Communications will offer real world training and experience to accompany academic training and exclusive Kindred Communications services.
Other internship positions at Kindred Communications include:
- Graphic Internship
- Video and Production Internship
- Advertising & Lead Generator Internship
- Web developer Internship
How To Apply:
To apply for an internship at Kindred Communication, please email Kindred Communications at email@example.com.
Please be sure to include the following in the email:
- Your contact information
- Resume and Cover Letter
-Your year in school, your major, and your current GPA
- Your career goals and objectives