Marketing and Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
Saint Francis Medical Center
211 Saint Francis Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO
DescriptionTo gain practical marketing and public relations experience in copywriting, media relations, special event planning, electronic communications and strategic management in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
• Write articles and take photos for employee newsletter (PowerLine) as directed by Account Services Coordinator (ASC).
• Work with the Roberts Group on Community Calendar and employee event updates.
• Assist ASC with social media messages.
• Monitor local newspapers, television and radio coverage for media mentions.
• Research and compose news releases as directed by Account Services Coordinator.
• Post Saint Francis press releases and photos to Southeast Missourian website.
• Assist Account Services Coordinator as needed on media calls and events.
Special Events Planning
• Work with Referral Services Managers on community events and CMEs.
• Work with Fitness Plus in planning and execution of special events for members (Member Party, etc.)
• Monitor Missouri Hospital Association website for issue management and news.
• Back up phones for the office in absence of Administrative Assistant.
• Maintain adequate stock of marketing materials throughout the Medical Center.
• Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsJuniors or seniors in good standing
Must be accepted in a marketing, communication, public relations, advertising or similar program