Media and Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
Lamont Media Consulting Group
6060 North Central Expressway Suite 500
DescriptionLamont Media Consulting Group is a boutique public relations agency serving small and mid-sized businesses here in Dallas, TX. Our internship program allows students to gain real, hands-on experience in public relations and marketing. If you are looking for an internship at a large firm where you appear daily at a large office and run errands (getting coffee) all day, this is not the right position for you. This opportunity allows the right interns to learn the workings of a boutique public relations agency.
Typically, our team will meet 2-3 times (1 hour meetings) per week at our office in Plano or at Mockingbird Station. At each meeting, we discuss client needs and delegate assignments as needed. Since there are only 2-3 hours of weekly meeting time, the bulk of the assignments are to be completed outside the office and due by the specified deadlines. Therefore, you must be able to work with little or no supervision.
This is a non-paid internship.
If interested, please respond to this listing and include your résumé and portfolio of prior work (this may include school projects). You must include two writing samples.
ResponsibilitiesIntern responsibilities include:
• Creating PR and marketing strategies for our small business clients
• Creating and pitching story ideas to journalists, bloggers, editors, and reporters
• Building social media strategies
• Researching new media outlets and news personalities
• Creating press kits, press releases, and marketing materials
• Research and analysis
• Writing press releases
• Project management
• Compile media contact lists
• Social media management
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will:
• Have a college degree or be nearing completion of a degree in public relations or marketing
• Live in the Dallas area during time of internship
• Be creative
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be able to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed
• Have strong computer skills
• Be organized and deadline driven
• Be dependable, punctual and flexible
• Have a friendly and outgoing personality
• Be able to multi-task
• Be highly confident
• Flexible with a great attitude
If interested, you must submit at least 2 writing samples to email@example.com. Please include portfolio of applicable work (including school assignments) if available. NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A SUBMISSION OF AT LEAST 2 WRITING SAMPLES.