PR InternBookmark This
2455 Teller Rd.
Thousand Oaks, CA
DescriptionAt SAGE, we believe that education is intrinsically valuable and we are passionate in our commitment to promote engaged scholarship throughout the world. With offices spanning six continents, SAGE aims to be the world’s leading independent academic and professional publisher by disseminating high quality scholarship on a global scale. Join the team of talented and motivated professionals who are creators of innovative and award-winning journals, books, and electronic media products.
Successful candidates should be enthusiastic about education and the distribution of research, motivated to work both collaboratively and independently, and adept at maintaining and fostering professional relationships internally and externally.
As part of the PR & Conventions Global team, the PR intern will use online tools and social media outlets to monitor PR activity around SAGE’s brand, products and publications. Additionally, this position will support the dissemination of corporate news through various, agreed upon, social media channels including twitter, Facebook and SAGE designed social media sites.
This position will work with a global team of PR Managers and Digital Marketing Managers at SAGE to provide daily logging and analytics of the SAGE brand and social media campaigns. As part of these teams, the PR Intern will gain insight into the corporate and product marketing, and PR strategy of a major international publishing company that will be invaluable experience for anyone seeking future employment in publishing, social media, public relations or other related area. This position is a hands-on learning opportunity for those studying Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing and/ or Communications.
ResponsibilitiesThe job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review of social media, collate Google Alerts, monitor online forums and listservs and SAGE channels to find mentions of the SAGE business and specific SAGE products.
• Develop, manage and own a list of keywords to track specific products, corporate programs or marketing campaigns.
• Manage the collation of online mentions and analytics into a daily report based on a points-based template. Provide real-time feedback to social media channel owners within SAGE about social media activity.
• Support production of PR and communications collateral, including content for the online press center; and contributing copy or multimedia (video/audio) to other SAGE communications channels including blogs, networks and newsletters.
• Monitor SAGE corporate social media outlets, such as Facebook, twitter (@SAGE_News), SAGE Connection blog, slideshare, and Youtube channels to assure that agreed upon naming conventions, file types and content are consistent with corporate policy.
• Monitor, approve new members, and filter out spam on SAGE community sites.
• Other administrative support for the PR & Conferences team, in discussion with the PR Manager
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability
to work without supervision, accurately and quickly.
• Excellent organization and time management, as well as being able
to work on tight deadlines in at times pressurized situations, is essential.
• Extensive use of basic social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Having some experience of using these tools for business would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Experience of using Excel or databases is essential; previous
experience interpreting data is preferable.
• Experience using web tools (particularly blogging content management systems), databases, multimedia production and design packages is also desirable
• Public relations, Marketing, Journalism or Communications course
of study preferred
• In pursuit of a college education required
Qualified California college candidates kindly submit their resume and cover letter to http://www.sagepublications.com/careers/