PR Internship - Entertainment (Winter/Spring 2014)Bookmark This
Luck Media & Marketing
West Hollywood, CA
West Hollywood, CA
DescriptionLUCK Media & Marketing is a small but busy full-service boutique entertainment publicity and marketing firm located in West Hollywood and we are offering a hands-on experience for qualified and dedicated interns.
This internship is only for students who currently live in Los Angeles or nearby cities. The position is unpaid, but has potential to become a paid position for the right candidate!
Please email a cover letter, resume and 1-2 writing samples (press releases, public service announcements, articles, etc.) to email@example.com for consideration, no phone calls please. Thank you!
Responsibilities- Writing and editing press releases
- Media database management
- Working directly with media to coordinate interviews and story opportunities
- Media tracking
- Planning and assisting at special events
- Participation in publicity planning and strategy sessions
- Preparation, organization and distribution of press clippings and other press materials
- Pitching local & national media
- Light clerical work
Requirements1. Current college student in communications, journalism, public relations, or related fields
2. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA (from a college / university)
3. A minimum commitment of 15 - 20 hours per week. Full time positions are available as well.
4. Must have a laptop! (PC and Mac are both acceptable)
5. Reliable transportation
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe (Photoshop, creating PDFs, etc.)
7. Knowledge of Cision is a big plus, but not required.
8. Research / Internet / Social networking / Blog savvy.
9. Strong phone skills / Confidence calling and pitching to editors (or willingness to learn)
10. Great writing / editing skills and knowledge of AP Style a plus.
11. Ability to take direction well and accurately complete assignments in a timely manner with little supervision.
12. Very organized and detail-oriented….this is a MUST!
13. Creative and out-of-the-box, forward thinking. Bring your ideas to the table!
14. Motivated self-starter / willingness to take initiative without having to be asked.
15. Last but not least, a music lover, great personality and sense of humor!!!