PR InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionMarquise, LLC is looking for a PR Intern to assist with managing the PR activities for our Speaker and Author clients. We are looking for a PR intern who is interested in building relationships with media contact, pitching to the media, managing the PR activities, securing speaking opportunities and assisting with event planning for our clients. We are looking for an intern to contribute 10 Hours Per Week with the option to travel with clients. Some weekend work will be needed based on events and activities planned. Expenses (food, travel, gas, lodging) will be covered when applicable. You will not be required to come in to the office daily and are free to work from home/school most of the week. We will have a weekly meeting at our office location, at minimum. Must have a Skype account.
- Establish relationships with local and national media contacts, bloggers, and news outlets
-Create & distribute Press Releases
-Create Press Kits for Author and Speaker Clients
-Setting up events in the area to promote client's products and books
- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work autonomously, as most days you will be working at home or off premises.