PR and Communications InternshipBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant Street
DescriptionAlzheimer’s disease currently afflicts over 5 million Americans. It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States – and the only cause of death in the top 10 without any way of being cured, prevented, or even slowed. With the aging of the baby boomers and longer life expectancies due to medical advances, Alzheimer’s is viewed by many as the biggest public health issue of our time.
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and Bedford, NH.
ResponsibilitiesWorking with the PR/Marketing Manager, the PR/Communications Intern will work to promote fundraising events, education programs, and other priority events identified by Alzheimer’s Association staff.
• Designing and editing chapter-wide e-newsletter.
• Designing and executing marketing/outreach strategies for select events.
• Submitting press releases and pitching stories to news outlets.
• Editing and proofreading materials for print.
• Assist with executing other PR/Marketing initiatives.
Requirements• Interest in pursuing a career in PR/Communications and/or nonprofit.
• Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work without constant direction.
• Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed