PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN VIRTUAL Urban Book Editing FirmBookmark This
M Squared Publishing and Marketing
Company, a small public relations firm handling busy multi-media artists, is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field through working specifically on the the PR project of client : UrbanFictionEditor.com. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete graduate from this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, the ability to work independently on important projects, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details., and most importantly, a strong interest in the arts–specifically fine arts.
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
• Write press releases and other materials
• Screen phone calls
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
• Assist with implementation of new programs
• Develop promotional materials
• Perform online marketing and promotion
• Assist with documentation and analysis
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Art or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
Excellent computer skills are a must. Excellent research, written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are important. Needs to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.