Public Relations InternLPB Media
Public Relations AgentJulie Braun Co.
PR/Social Media Intern NeededCDA PR, LLC
Fall Public Relations and Public Affairs InternshipFocuscom Inc.
Public Relations InternDMG Company
Social Media InternshipDDM Advertising
Pubic Relations InternthePRbar
Public Relations InternSo Fly Management
PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATION INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Hospice of Marshall County
408 Martling Road
Posted: August 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHospice of Marshall County, the only licensed non-profit United Way funded hospice agency in Marshall County, AL, is seeking an energetic and outgoing Public Relations/Communication intern. Hospice of Marshall County (HMC) seeks a highly motivated, self-starting student who is passionate about public service. Intern will provide support to HMC staff and gain valuable skills and insights while assisting with communications/Public Relations, media relations, social media, event planning, corporate research and outreach for HMC throughout the 9 county service area in Northeast Alabama. This internship offers extensive breadth of real-world experience and provides a great start to a career in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing and the Non-Profit industry.
HMC internships are unpaid, but we offer a flexible internship of one semester or up to one year with the ability to fit your educational needs and earn credits and critical real-world experience.
This internship will enable a skilled student to assist HMC by working on various events and projects. This internship will provide the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of areas including:
• Media monitoring and analysis
• Manage social media initiatives
• Media and marketing material production
• Ability to plan and execute a variety of events
• Development of press releases, media advisories, press kits, etc.
FUNDRAISING & EVENT PLANNING
• Assist with planning & implementation of special events
• Assist with donor tracking and follow-up both in recruitment and registering companies, teams and individuals
• Draft letters, mail out and follow-up to prospective sponsors and special guests
• Design and prepare event materials and communications including newsletters, email blasts, phone calls, etc.
• Researching charitable programs of major local corporations
• Assisting with implementation of marketing strategies
• Strategic planning of brochure distribution
• Representing HMC at community events including health fairs, chamber events, etc.
• Research and data entry projects
• Major in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications or related field
• Minimum two years of college education (or completion of required prerequisite courses)
• Relevant work/educational experience
• Knowledge of office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point)
• Knowledge of design software (Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite)- *preferred but not required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in database management and design of spreadsheets
• Interpersonal communications skills
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student *preferred but not required
• No experience necessary, but attention to detail and accountability required