PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATION INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Hospice of Marshall County
408 Martling Road
DescriptionHospice of Marshall County, the only licensed non-profit United Way funded hospice agency in Marshall County, AL, is seeking an energetic and outgoing Public Relations/Communication intern. Hospice of Marshall County (HMC) seeks a highly motivated, self-starting student who is passionate about public service. Intern will provide support to HMC staff and gain valuable skills and insights while assisting with communications/Public Relations, media relations, social media, event planning, corporate research and outreach for HMC throughout the 9 county service area in Northeast Alabama. This internship offers extensive breadth of real-world experience and provides a great start to a career in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing and the Non-Profit industry.
HMC internships are unpaid, but we offer a flexible internship of one semester or up to one year with the ability to fit your educational needs and earn credits and critical real-world experience.
This internship will enable a skilled student to assist HMC by working on various events and projects. This internship will provide the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of areas including:
• Media monitoring and analysis
• Manage social media initiatives
• Media and marketing material production
• Ability to plan and execute a variety of events
• Development of press releases, media advisories, press kits, etc.
FUNDRAISING & EVENT PLANNING
• Assist with planning & implementation of special events
• Assist with donor tracking and follow-up both in recruitment and registering companies, teams and individuals
• Draft letters, mail out and follow-up to prospective sponsors and special guests
• Design and prepare event materials and communications including newsletters, email blasts, phone calls, etc.
• Researching charitable programs of major local corporations
• Assisting with implementation of marketing strategies
• Strategic planning of brochure distribution
• Representing HMC at community events including health fairs, chamber events, etc.
• Research and data entry projects
• Major in public relations, marketing, journalism, communications or related field
• Minimum two years of college education (or completion of required prerequisite courses)
• Relevant work/educational experience
• Knowledge of office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point)
• Knowledge of design software (Dreamweaver, Adobe Creative Suite)- *preferred but not required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in database management and design of spreadsheets
• Interpersonal communications skills
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student *preferred but not required
• No experience necessary, but attention to detail and accountability required