Private Equity Associate Public Relations DirectorBookmark This
Elm Equity Partners, LLC
New York, NY
The hiring organization (“EEP” or the “Firm”) is a private investment firm that seeks to make controlling acquisitions and provide operational leadership to companies with $10 to $30 million in revenue. We offer capital for liquidity and expansion while transitioning day-to-day management responsibilities to the firm's internal team. EEP primarily focuses on service–based businesses with a heightened concentration on those operating within the following sectors: Financial Services, Administrative Services & Support, Education, and Healthcare.
The Firm will provide business owners with an attractive exit opportunity and deliver growth capital to acquired firms, ensuring continuity to all active stakeholders (i.e., employees, customers, etc.) while also preserving the organization’s established legacy.
EEP's team of experienced investment professionals seeks to generate superior value for the Firm’s Limited Partners, while operating with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
EEP is looking to hire an intern to help oversee its public relations and marketing efforts. As a private equity firm, it is a priority of the Firm to establish credibility and name recognition in the private investment space, as well as within the target industries the Firm looks to make acquisitions. The Associate PR Director will be responsible for helping to add value to the EEP brand in a focused and cost-efficient manner. In addition, EEP will seek to generate potential investment opportunities through direct marketing campaigns (e.g., direct mailers, etc.). The candidate for this position will also participate in these efforts as well.
EEP's Partners are committed to supporting its interns through mentoring them, positioning them to develop their skills while contributing to the objectives of the organization. Candidates for this position will be able to add Public Relations, Investor Relations, and Marketing responsibilities in a role working for an organization in the highly competitive private equity space. In addition, the Partners will be proactive in connecting interns with key contacts from their established professional networks and write stellar letters of recommendation in exchange for superior performance in their roles.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Experience with blogging and social media marketing
- Experience and superior abilities to work with branding efforts through website design / themes, color schemes, trade shows and conferences, etc.