Public Relations AssistantBookmark This
PO BOX 7404 North Bergen, NJ 07047
North Bergen, NJ
DescriptionWe are a digital public relations and brand consulting agency dedicated to the entertainment industry and small businesses. Our clients include but are not limited to: multi platinum producers, artists, clothing boutiques and small businesses. Our many services include: Marketing, Web Development, Graphic Design, Traffic Generation, Event Coordination, Media Exposure, and Social Media Management. Being that we are a small company, we offer involvement in all aspects of the agency, however this position would be responsible for market research and assisting with the creation and organization of public relations campaigns for individual clients.
Responsibilities• Drafts basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts,
fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials
• Carries out special and media event planning activities and arrangements
as outlined by the public relations specialist or counselor.
• Attend and participate in client meetings, media training sessions, presentations, traffic meetings and brainstorming sessions as directed.
• Assist with the development and updating of media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections. The intern will provide data output in the form of letters, fax lists, data lists and other reports as requested by account staff.
• Assists with the distribution of client information/materials or the firm’s marketing materials. Also ensures completeness and accuracy of information and assists with the management of destination lists, and coordination of fax, mailing or broadcast fax activities. In addition, conducts appropriate follow up when necessary.
• Assists with the management of outside vendors to successfully complete outside work, including, but not limited to printing of materials, renting of audio/visual equipment, photography, graphic arts services or supplying needed products.
• Assists with the management of newspaper and periodical inventories for easy access.
• Supports the firm’s efforts by drafting new client releases and performing research activities.
• Assists firm staff with other client, business development and firm management projects as needed.
Requirements- Must be enrolled in a college undergraduate or graduate program
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Press release, media alert, news release draft knowledge