Public Relations Intern for an Adventure Travel WebsiteBookmark This
30 Newbury St., 3rd Floor
Description*Please contact us through company website at:
Do you love to travel? Do you want to learn the ins and outs of working for an online company? RealAdventures is seeking bright and enthusiastic individuals wanting to gain an insight into the marketing function of an online company.
Our internship program uses a hands-on approach that will challenge interns to learn how to market an online company. We will present the interns with valuable information and hands on experience that will get them ahead in the digital world. Since most businesses exist online, gaining experience working for a website can help further the intern's career in any industry they pursue.
In this role the public relations intern will build relationships with journalists, write and distribute press releases and articles, and help promote our brand. They will also have the opportunity to create their own marketing plans and implement self-proposed projects. The more interest and effort the interns portray, the more experience and knowledge they can gain.
Our office is in a great location right on Newbury Street in Boston, MA. Candidates coming into the office will be required to bring their own laptop. For select candidates, we may consider a work from home arrangement -- but you definitely will learn and experience more working at the office.
Responsibilities- build, maintain and manage the RealAdventures brand
- write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- build relationships with journalists, editors, writers, bloggers and other individuals in the media
- research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- collate and analyze media coverage
Requirements- career objective aligned with public relations, communications, marketing or journalism
- strong writing skills
- excellent communication skills
- detail oriented and focused
- self-motivated and ambitious
- comfortable with online research
- creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- computer and internet access