Public Relations InternBookmark This
Illume Public Relations
315 S. Beverly Drive, Suite 500
Beverly Hills, CA
DescriptionInterns will be exposed to a vast array of public relations activities and will work closely with account staff on all projects. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the intricacies of public relations industry as it evolves in light of the current digital and social media revolution.
· Monitoring industry and client news
· Creating press coverage reports
· Building and maintaining press lists
· Drafting press releases and pitches
· Consumer press outreach
· Blogger outreach
· Event and tradeshow support
· Creating client briefing sheets
· Monitoring editorial calendars
· Provide general administrative support
RequirementsPreferably looking for candidates who can work at least two to three days a week who have had previous experience in PR and are majoring in a relevant field such as communications, journalism, digital media...etc.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the intersection of technology and entertainment, has an understanding of current social media trends (ie Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare), has excellent writing and organizational skills and is highly motivated and detail oriented. Candidates should have the ability to handle multifaceted projects and have strong follow through.