Public Relations InternshipBookmark This
Bristol PR & Communications
364 Sevilla Avenue
Coral Gables, FL
DescriptionBristol PR & Communications is seeking an entry-level professional pursuing a career in public relations or marketing. Candidate must be able to work 20-25 hours per week, with the hours and dates to be agreed upon. Must be able to work a minimum of two to three days per week from our Coral Gables office. The individual must be able to assist with specific projects and gain experience with PR writing, day-to-day activities, media relations, community relations, client relations and special event productions. The intern will also be asked to help with brand awareness of the firm through use of target strategies and tactics. APPLICANTS MUST BE FULLY BILINGUAL. Fluent English and Spanish verbal and written skills required. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on PR agency experience.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include all of the following:
- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal team to carry out client requirements such as monitoring account activities; and managing production activities, writing press materials, etc.
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date tracking reports
- Assist with office/administrative responsibilities
- Perform media relations services
- Client relationship skills
- Media list development
- Account reporting coordination
- Preparing materials for the media and clients
- Communications with members of the media
- Client and agency related research
- Social media coordination
- Administrative services
- Writing of press materials
- Story pitching and follow up
- Media training coordination
Requirements- APPLICANTS MUST BE FULLY BILINGUAL !!! Fluent English and Spanish verbal and written skills required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Must have a major in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing.
- Must have proven experience and understanding of the public relations profession.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule and after-hour/weekend events if needed.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability and willingness to work alone.
- Ability to write in AP style preferred. Must be a strong and concise writer.
- Have attention to details and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment in a professional manner.