Public Relations InternBookmark This
Rose+Moser+Allyn Public and Online Relations
7144 East Stetson Drive, Suite 400
DescriptionRose+Moser+Allyn Public & Online Relations, a small public relations, public affairs and event production firm, is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the industry. The intern who fills this position should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of the field. It's essential that applicants to this position have strong communication and writing skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. Internships are a minimum of 12 weeks.
Responsibilities• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, conference calls, and other special events
• Write press releases and other materials
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and clients
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Any and all additional requests made by the team – the fine print ;)
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Event Planning. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
Applicable Majors - Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Event Planning.
Want to join our team? Submit cover letter, resume, availability and contact information to Sara Jane Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).