Public Relations InternBookmark This
Derrick Simmons Film Works
New York, NY
DescriptionDerrick Simmons Film Works is a small production company based in NYC. Our Internship Program will provide students a carefully monitored work experience with the ability to learn valuable skills relevant to their particular area of study. Students will experience an educational work environment with proper training and will ultimately take with them practical real-world business experiences taught and shared by our current Derrick Simmons Film Works employees. Students will complete their assignment being adequately prepared for an entry-level position in their field.
Responsibilities- PR marketing tasks
- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities and strategies
- Media Kits, write and submit press releases to the media, Press Packs
- Promote website, online marketing, post daily on social media sites. (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, blogs, etc)
- Develop new creative concepts/ideas for marketing campaigns
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
RequirementsDerrick Simmons Film Works is seeking highly organized, energetic, reliable, independent, detailed oriented and very creative interns. The Publicist Intern will schedule write press releases and pitch letters. Interns must be familiar with Internet research, online marketing, blogs, and social network sites such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and Blogging platforms. Must be comfortable working independently on projects, have strong organizational and problem solving skills, be a creative thinker, excellent communication skills, a professional phone manner, and strong writing abilities. Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week. Work is done primarily from your home through e-mail communications, meetings are held virtually.
Public Relations, Business Development, Communications, Journalism majors preferred
Knowledge of media production and the entertainment industry preferred.