Public Relations InternBookmark This
World Medical Relief
11745 Rosa Parks Blvd.
DescriptionPosition Title: Public Relations Intern
Term: 6 months -1 year Pay rate: Unpaid
Hours: 16 to 25 hours per week (some events may be outside of normal business hours)
Supervisor: Director of Development and Community Affairs
Goal or purpose of position: The public relations intern provides a range of support to assist the Director of Development and Community Affairs. The goal of the position is to assist in successful operations of development team at World Medical Relief.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and 3 writing samples to Crystal Staffney, Director of Development and Community Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesMajor responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with developing and writing press releases
• Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc.
• Assist with media relations, including research and scheduling interviews
• Creating and maintaining press kits
• Help with planning and executing special events, if needed
• Ability to coordinate calendar, meetings, special projects (as needed), etc.
• Must be very organized, multi task and flexible for changing
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Person should be enthusiastic, poised, and professional
• Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the ministry.
• The internship will also include administrative duties such as: envelope stuffing, file cleaning, data entry, etc.
RequirementsExperience/Education: Ideal candidate will have an Associates or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related Business Major. Experience in social media a plus.
Qualifications (required, desired):
• You will be required to have your own laptop.
• Strong interest in a nonprofit career
• At least 2 years of experience in public relations
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Available by phone and Internet
• No previous felony convictions: subject to criminal background check