Public Relations InternBookmark This
Spin Public Relations
1234 6th St #100
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionSpin Public Relations is a boutique public relations firm based in Santa Monica that operates on a large scale. Its main clients are in the food, beverage and hospitality sector, and Spin also specializes in special events.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, interested and/or well-versed in social media and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The individual must be interested in pursuing a career in Public Relations and show enthusiasm for any task, no matter how big or small. This internship is available for school credit.
• Work approx 10-15 hours a week for three months with approx two days in the office
Available for school credit.
ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities & Duties:
• Help manage social media campaigns for Spin PR and its clients
• Update PR reports
• Track & monitor press for all clients
• Create press clippings for all clients
• Assist with any administrative tasks such as guest lists, media check-in, running errands, sending packages
• Help build media lists/research
• Help write media alerts and press releases
• Attend and help with all Spin PR events
• Attend internal Spin PR meetings or conference calls weekly
• Regularly checks Google Doc to-do list and accurately updates tasks on a daily/weekly basis
RequirementsCandidate will possess or work towards the following:
• Understands marketing terminology and PR/social media jargon.
• Makes media and medium selections and understands how those selections will affect our target audience for each client
• Work towards understanding the internal work flow and crucial deadline process