Public Relations InternBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionAre you passionate about fitness and personal health? If so, Tapactive is for you! We're looking for someone to manage our outreach program to fitness journalists and bloggers.
Tapactive is an innovative, new fitness company. We provide private workout instructors, anytime, anywhere.
With Tapactive, you can schedule personal training, yoga, pilates, and other types of fitness instructors that come directly to your home, office or local park. Our mobile application and website manages booking, payment and rating of each instructor. Instructors can also add notes about each session and send you reminders, helping you keep up your training.
We offer one-on-one classes or allow you to invite your friends, family, clients -- anyone -- through our application. Private workout groups are social and more fun without the hassle of going to the gym. You can even spread the cost amongst the group, making private training more affordable.
We're bringing workout parties to an apartment near you. And turning conference rooms into private fitness centers. We want everyone to be able to stay healthy and have fun with their friends doing it.
Position will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
Requirements- Provide 3 writing samples and / or blog postings (preferably about personal fitness)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.