Public Relations Intern - Time to Reach OutBookmark This
DescriptionThe word "box" means nothing to you. You see far outside the mainstream and love to think creatively.
If you are interested in expanding on your knowledge of PR and trying new things, this internship may be for you.
We are a small but passionate company with irons in many fires. You will be exposed to publishing, apparel, business and fitness (an interest in any of these is helpful). We want to help you build your experience and expand on your resume with real projects.
We are offering a four to six month internship to a highly a motivated individual with experience and/or passion for blogging, social media research, content creation, content sharing and interaction.
Responsibilities• Research and build a media list (both for print media and online)
• Send out press releases
• Reach out to various media to pitch story ideas
• Research and write tweets, status updates, Google+ updates, Facebook page updates
• Interact with media
• Coordinate virtual book tours
• PR tracking and coodinating
Requirements• Great "storytelling" abilities
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent research skills
• Eagerness to learn and gain valuable real-world experience
• Persistence. Persistence.
• Strong understanding of social media
• Understanding the basics of public relations
• Self-starter. Ability to accomplish tasks independently