Public Relations/Marketing InternBookmark This
DescriptionThe word "box" means nothing to you. You see far outside the mainstream and love to think creatively.
If you are interested in expanding on your knowledge of PR, marketing and trying new things, this internship may be for you.
We are a small but passionate company with irons in many fires. You will be exposed to publishing, business, fitness and nonprofit (an interest in any of these is helpful). We want to help you build your experience and expand on your resume with real projects.
We are offering a four to six month internship to a highly a motivated individual with experience and/or passion for public relations, social media research, content creation, press release distribution, content sharing and interaction.
Responsibilities• Research and build a media list (both for print media and online)
• Send out press releases
• Reach out to various media to pitch story ideas
• Research and write tweets, status updates, Google+ updates, Facebook page updates
• Interact with media
• Coordinate virtual book tours
• Promote nonprofit class offerings
Requirements• Great "storytelling" abilities
• Strong writing skills
• Excellent research skills
• Eagerness to learn and gain valuable real-world experience
• Persistence. Persistence.
• Strong understanding of social media
• Understanding the basics of public relations
• Self-starter. Ability to accomplish tasks independently