Public Relations InternBookmark This
The National Constitution Center
525 Arch St.
DescriptionThe National Constitution Center is the first and only nonprofit, nonpartisan institution devoted to the most powerful vision of freedom ever expressed: the U.S. Constitution. The Center illuminates constitutional ideals and inspires active citizenship through a state-of-the-art museum experience, including hundreds of interactive exhibits, films and rare artifacts; must-see feature exhibitions; the internationally acclaimed, 360-degree theatrical production Freedom Rising; and the iconic Signers' Hall, where visitors can sign the Constitution alongside 42 life-size, bronze statues of the Founding Fathers. As America's forum for constitutional dialogue, the Center engages diverse, distinguished leaders of government, public policy, journalism and scholarship in timely public discussions and debates. The Center also houses the Annenberg Center for Education and Outreach, the national hub for constitutional education, which offers cutting-edge civic learning resources both onsite and online.
Responsibilities• Assist in promoting newsworthy stories and events by writing media alerts and news releases
• Help to coordinate and execute press events
• Interact with members of the media at programs and events (may require some evenings, holidays, and weekends)
• Assist with photo and television shoots
• Maintain local, regional, and national media lists
• Compile press kits
• Assist in the monitoring and tracking of press coverage
Requirements• College junior or senior who has completed at least three public relations courses, including one writing course
• Candidate should have some public relations writing skills and a basic knowledge of media relations
• Must be available at least two full days per week