Public Relations InternBookmark This
P.O. Box 9012
Marina del Rey, CA
DescriptionScandal is a public relations, marketing and social media CO-ACTIVE focusing on entertainment, tech and lifestyle companies. From startups to household names, Scandal works with companies to perfect their branding and messaging, as well as creates a strategic, tailored communications plan. Scandal, along with other forward-thinking firms, believes that the traditional agency model is broken and in conjunction with these like-minded companies, has formed an alliance to offer collaborative services that make sense for your business. We are The Revolution. We don’t just pitch stories for our clients – we are our clients. We’re living the life.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will receive hands-on experience, as well as the direct contact with the firm's owner. They will be exposed to many different areas of public relations. The intern will not only be doing research, but will participate in writing pitches, company bios, and will be exposed to real-life PR circumstances when it comes to client relations. The intern will be asked to sit in on client conference calls to observe, will be shown AP style for writing press releases and will be shown how to develop a media strategy from being to end. In addition, the intern will see how to implement a media strategy after gaining new clients, developing messaging, talking points, and how to facilitate a media interview. In addition, the intern will be exposed to various elements of PR which include speaking opportunities for clients, award submissions, conferences, etc. The opportunities for learning in this position are endless.
Under supervision of the firm's owner, the intern will be doing market research as well as creating media contact lists. They will also be helping with pitches as well as getting first-hand knowledge on press releases and how to deal one-on-one with clients.
* Communications or Marketing major.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (an Excel expert is a must)
* Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills. AP Style knowledge is a plus.
* Basic media relations experience is preferable, i.e., knowledge in building media lists, gathering editorial calendars, identifying media opportunities, media pitching, etc.
* Skilled multi-tasker.
* Proven interpersonal and communications skills.
* Well-organized and detail-oriented.
* Willing to step up to a challenge, with a can-do attitude.
* Ability to take initiative.
* School credit.