Public Relations InternBookmark This
Webster & Associates
33 Music Square West, Suite 100 B
DescriptionWebster & Associates, is one of Nashville's premier Public Relations and Marketing firms with offices on historic Music Row in Nashville, Tennessee. Our client roster includes legendary country artists Hank Williams, Jr., Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Charlie Daniels, The Oak Ridge Boys, Randy Travis, Big & Rich and many others, as well as such diverse artists as Kid Rock, soul legend Sam Moore, metal rockers Megadeth, classic rock and pop Meat Loaf and KC & The Sunshine Band, America's favorite boy band Midnight Red and Bluegrass greats including The Roys, Rhonda Vincent, and others.
We also do Branding and Corporate Public Relations for clients such as Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, Nashville Songwriters, Nashville hot spots including the famous Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Rippy's and Honky Tonk Central and many more. We also offer services such as Media Training, Satellite Media Tours, Video Promotion, Crisis Management and Special Events such as Music Festivals, which we either solely produce or act as consultants. Webster PR also works with the Country Music Association during CMA Fest and the CMA Awards and the Academy of Country Music with the ACM Awards,
As an intern with Webster & Associates Public Relations and Marketing, the work load will vary day to day as this is an extremely fast paced company and industry. You will leave with a well-rounded view of how the public relations industry works and a wealth of practical experience.
Your daily responsibilities will vary as we all wear many hats. One day you could be on the phone making sure that our database contacts are current and up to date. The next day you might be on site at a media day for one of our clients, helping out at the CMA Music Fest, calling media outlets for client interviews or assisting at a festival or concert.
At Webster PR we understand that our interns may have classes or jobs are we are always happy to work with you on a personalized schedule that fits your needs.
Internships may be either full or part-time.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Communicate effectively and professionally with outside audiences
- Assist in researching media outlets pertinent to artists' interests, hobbies, etc.
- Updating / maintaining media contact lists
- Other situational-specific tasks
Requirements- Basic understanding of Public Relations and Marketing
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Self-starter who can take direction on a specific task or project and accomplish without micromanagement